As I said on my first post, I do my own way to Larry Williams „Trading Day of the Month” concept. And this is a weekly sequence coming from statistics reports I developed.
Sequence says if we have in next trading week one-way move on each market. I accept max one “correction” day with opposite direction. Statistic numbers claim an average strenght of sequence. I will push myself to publish each day statistics also on this blog for all of You.
Let me explain main ideas with reports:
- I study statistics for two periods: maximum I had access to (on each market it’s different lenght) and on last 10-years period.
- To count “strong intraday signal” I assume it has to be more than 70% for long period and minimum 80% for 10-year period.
- Having minimum strenght on both long- and short-term period will become my “Trading Day of the Month“.
For this last week of May, please note that statistics periods gets shorten.
Let’s get to numbers and sequences for upcoming days:
- WTI: this week there is no sequences;
- gold: this week there is no sequences;
- DAX: this week there is no sequences;
- FTSE100: this week there is no sequences
- dollar indices (DXY): this week there is no sequences;
- S&P500: 3-session long sequence starts on Tuesday (57%);
- NASDAQ: 3-session long sequence starts on Tuesday (64,3%), for 10-years period there is also 3-session long sequence (63,3%);
- Dow Jones: this week there is no sequences.
Please remember that next Monday, 27th May is day off in London and New York markets, so trading days move forward by one!
This week has not so strong intraday and sequences signal strenght for most markets. But…
S&P500 sequence has average range of 30 points.
NASDAQ sequence gives us an average 65 points range, but maximum is 493 points! For long period best intraday is coming on Wednesday and Thursday, for 10-years period just Thursday.