As I said on my first post, I do my own way to Larry Williams „Trading Day of the Month” concept. And this is a weekly sequence coming from statistics reports I developed.
Sequence says if we have in next trading week one-way move on each market. I accept max one “correction” day with opposite direction. Statistic numbers claim an average strenght of sequence. I will push myself to publish each day statistics also on this blog for all of You.
As this is my first “hard data” post, let me explain main ideas with reports:
- I study statistics for two periods: maximum I had access to (on each market it’s different lenght) and on last 10-years period.
- To count “strong intraday signal” I assume it has to be more than 70% for long period and minimum 80% for 10-year period.
- Having minimum strenght on both long- and short-term period will become my “Trading Day of the Month“.
Let’s get to numbers and sequences for upcoming days:
- DAX: this week there is no sequences either for 24-years period as it’s nothing for 10-years period;
- FTSE100: there is no sequences for 19-years period, but for 10-years period we start six trading days long sequence (74%) on Tuesday with “correction day” on Thursday (70%);
- WTI: 36-years period shows long positions (62,75%) with “correction day” on Wednesday (58%), no sequence for 10-years period;
- gold: this week there is no sequences either for 44-years period as it’s nothing for 10-years period;
- dollar indes (DXY): this week there is no sequences for 12-years period.
Please remember that next Monday, 27th May is day off in London and New York markets, so trading days move forward by one!
Germany DAX indes doesn’t show much this week in sequences, but I suggest observe intraday statistics for Tuesday and (especially!) Friday!
FTSE100 is launching on Tuesday with nice sequence for 10-years period that will end on 29th May – but this las day is pretty weak – just 60%. But if we take this last day out, our sequence strenght is rising to 77,5% with average range up to 160 points, but be careful – Thursday correction is up to average 85 points. So it might be good point to re-entry the market.
Dollar index shows “small” sequence since Wednesday, three “long” days, but let’s focus on first two, with strong statistic and average range up to $1,9k!
Oil WTI has a weak sequence, but if it will come “live” we can count on average $2,28 up with correction around $0,64. Also let me tell You about maximum range: up to $10,2, with deep, $4 correction on Wednesday.
Gold shows no sequence and no strong intraday signals. It will be very weak week to invest on this market.