Short post with just some Tuesday numbers, enjoy!
September statistics issue for USA
Long term statistics for american indices contains also September 2001. After 9/11 the NYSE was shut down for couple days. That’s why this week some days for S&P500, NASDAQ, Dow Jones IA will have lower, 18-years statistics only.
There is no need for more explanations:
- gold 44-year period: 51% short, 10-year period: 50/50
- DAX 24-year period: 50/50, 10-year period: 50/50
- FTSE100 19-year period: 58% short, 10-year period: 50/50
- WIG20 22-year period 50/50, 10-year period 60% short
- WTI 36-year period: 53% long, 10-year period: 70% short
- DXY 12-year period: 67% long
- S&P500 18-years period: 72% short(!), 10-year period: 90% short(!!)
- NASDAQ 100 18-year period: 56% long(!), 10-year period: 60% short
- Dow Jones 18-year period: 78% short(!), 10-year period: 90% short(!!)
If You wonder what “50/50” means – it’s just no clear statistic for that market and time period.